A full-service facility in beautiful Harbor City
Situated on a scenic, 27-acre campus, Kaiser Permanente's South Bay Medical Center is a full-service, modern facility offering care in all major specialties and most subspecialties. Our exceptional service earned the Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG) the highest ranking among healthcare centers in the South Bay-Torrance area from the California Office of the Patient Advocate. The agency's 2007 Health Care Quality Report Card gave SCPMG seven out of a possible eight stars for overall clinical care. To complement our on-site operations, we've established satellite medical offices located in Gardena, Lomita, Long Beach, Torrance and Carson.
Connected to the South Bay community
We work hand-in-hand with our community to help its people live well, be well and thrive. We're proud to be part of the South Bay, and have built strong partnerships with local organizations to launch and maintain an array of health and wellness initiatives for our neighbors, family and friends. We also award community service grants, donate surplus equipment, offer volunteer services, provide educational programs, share medical expertise and support the activities of local non-profit organizations.
The South Bay quality - and variety - of life
Whether you dream of living by the beach, near a bustling metropolis or nestled in a quiet rural landscape, the South Bay has the perfect community for you. Our ocean-side cities include Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach and Torrance. For those who like a mix of city and beach living, there's nearby Long Beach or, further northeast, Los Angeles. If you're into the rural lifestyle, then you'll feel right at home on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, which includes Rancho Palos Verdes, Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills and Rolling Hills Estates. Wherever you choose to live, we guarantee that the South Bay can offer you a truly exceptional quality—and variety—of life.
As a member of the South Bay community, you'll be able to enjoy:
- Miles and miles of scenic beaches
- A stunning selection of recreational options, including golfing, hiking, rock climbing, camping, horseback riding, sailing, fishing, scuba diving, wind surfing and more
- Top-ranked primary and secondary schools, as well as educational opportunities at El Camino College, Los Angeles Harbor College, Long Beach City College and the California State Universities at Long Beach and Dominquez Hills
- An excellent freeway system that provides easy access to local destinations as well as to our beaches, mountains and nearby deserts
- Countless places to eat, shop and play
- Hermosa Beach's famous Comedy and Magic Club
- World-class professional beach volleyball tournaments in Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach
- High-speed entertainment at the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
- The chance to cheer on the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Galaxy, Mighty Ducks of Anaheim and more
- An array of sporting and other events at the Staples Center, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, the Hollywood Park race track, Arrowhead Pond and Edison Field
- A variety of nearby attractions, including the Queen Mary seaport, the Long Beach Aquarium on the Pacific and countless museums and theaters
- A charming and eclectic collection of neighborhoods and communities
- A variety of annual events, special celebrations, multi-cultural festivals and more
- All the world-famous cultural, recreational and entertainment attractions available in Los Angeles and other nearby communities
With our mild coastal temperatures and abundant choice of lifestyles, the South Bay offers a truly impressive array of options for people of all backgrounds and interests.