West Los Angeles
Creating a healthier life for LA's west side community
Ideally situated between downtown Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean, Kaiser Permanente's West Los Angeles Medical Center promotes the health and wellness of 188,000 members throughout our service area. In response to our community's evolving needs, we opened a new state-of-the-art inpatient hospital tower in 2007. Featuring advanced medical equipment, warm, light-filled interiors and a tranquil, healing garden and courtyard, our new facility is designed to create a truly healing environment for patients and visitors alike. Our diverse range of on-campus services is complemented by satellite medical offices in Playa Vista, Culver Marina and Inglewood.
Connected to the West Los Angeles community
We work hand-in-hand with our community to help its people live well, be well and thrive. We're proud to be part of West Los Angeles, and have built strong partnerships with local organizations to launch and maintain an array of health and wellness initiatives for our neighbors, family and friends. We support area clinics through cash grants, physician and resident volunteers, and surplus medical and office equipment donations. This enables providers, such as the Venice Family Clinic and the University Muslim Medical Association, to offer primary care to low-income residents in some of Los Angeles's most underserved communities. Considerable resources are also earmarked for local programs that offer mental health counseling, provide culturally competent services, build self-esteem in neighborhood youth, and promote nonviolent conflict resolution. In addition, many of our physicians and residents volunteer their time at nonprofit organizations mentoring students and speaking to community groups.
West Los Angeles, California - Entertaining, enriching & eclectic
When it comes to variety, West Los Angeles has it all. As a vibrant member of the Greater Los Angeles region, we benefit from an artistic and entertainment community whose creative ventures often shape trends—in business, fashion, media and more—across the globe. And, as one of the area's most diverse communities, we're close to many preeminent cultural institutions, art galleries and museums. In short, we have something for everyone...and a little bit more.
As a member of the West Los Angeles community, you'll be able to enjoy:
- The famous beaches, mountains, deserts, lakes, rivers and valleys of Southern California right in your backyard or just a short drive away
- Famous landmarks like the Hollywood Sign, Walt Disney Concert Hall, Kodak Theater, Griffith Observatory, Getty Center, Grauman's Chinese Theater, Nokia Theater, Sunset Boulevard, Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood Boulevard, Venice Beach, Watts Towers, Staples Center, Dodger Stadium and more
- 841 museums and art galleries, including the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, the Getty Center and the Museum of Contemporary Art
- More than 1,000 musical, theater, dance and performing groups
- The monthly Downtown Art Walk on Gallery Row
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic, Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles Master Chorale and the Los Angeles Opera
- Chinatown, Koreatown, Little Tokyo and countless other cultural epicenters throughout the city
- Early morning, mid-afternoon or late-night drives along the scenic curves of world-famous Mulholland Drive or the sun-kissed lanes of the Pacific Coast Highway
- Cheering on the Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, Los Angeles Kings, Los Angeles Galaxy and more
- An internationally renowned array of shopping venues along Rodeo Drive, LA's Fashion District and more
- Fresh produce and more at our on-site farmer’s market
- Award-winning restaurants and eateries representing cuisines and cultures from around the world
- All the world-famous cultural and entertainment attractions available by foot, car, plane, bike and boat
Located between downtown Los Angeles and the Pacific Ocean, West LA is ideal for those who love the excitement of the big city but crave the tranquility of the California coastline. If you want to live in a culturally diverse community that offers easy access to all of Southern California's famous amenities and attractions, then West LA is the perfect place for you.