The only San Diego hospital to win NRC's Consumer Choice Award
Situated near the scenic shores of the Pacific Ocean in a location that's rich with history and alive with culture, Kaiser Permanente's San Diego Medical Center is a destination of choice for physicians who crave the world-famous Southern California lifestyle. The only hospital in the city to receive the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation (NRC), we provide care for over 480,000 members in all major specialties and subspecialties. Our exceptional services also earned us three blue ribbons for outstanding health care from the Pacific Business Group on Health. Our on-site operations are complemented by 22 satellite medical offices located throughout the county, including the San Marcos Outpatient Medical Center which serves the North San Diego County area, and an outpatient surgery center in Otay Mesa.
Connected to the San Diego community
We work hand-in-hand with our community to help its people live well, be well and thrive. We're proud to be part of San Diego, and have built strong partnerships with local organizations to launch and maintain an array of health and wellness initiatives for our neighbors, family and friends. Through our Saturday Surgery Day program, we've joined forces with the San Diego County Medical Society Foundation's Project Access San Diego to provide free outpatient surgeries to uninsured San Diegans. We also work with local organizations that focus on assessing community health needs, strengthening partnerships with community clinics, addressing health care workforce issues and increasing opportunities for healthy eating and active living to decrease obesity. In addition to charitable coverage programs, like Kaiser Permanente Steps and Child Health Plan, we award community service grants which focus on a variety of areas: increasing access to health care for vulnerable populations; preventing violence and injury; providing HIV/AIDS services; facilitating health and wellness programs and more. Our other activities include donating surplus equipment, offering volunteer services, providing educational programs, sharing medical expertise and supporting the activities of local non-profit organizations.
San Diego, California - Live, work and play in paradise
Approximately two hours south of Los Angeles and just north of Mexico, San Diego's amazing climate, recreational opportunities and cultural attractions continually earn us top ratings as one of the country's best places to live, work and play. We feature miles of shoreline, year-round sunshine, breathtaking surroundings and a stunning array of outdoor activities. But there's more to us than our scenic landscape and near perfect weather. We're home to world-class research institutions as well as some of the most highly-acclaimed colleges and universities in the nation, including San Diego State University, the University of California, San Diego, University of San Diego and California State University, San Marcos. We also provide some of the most famous family attractions in our nation, including Sea World San Diego, the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park and LEGOLAND California.
As a member of the San Diego community, you'll be able to enjoy:
- A quality of life that is envied the world over: breathtaking surroundings, near-perfect weather, unparalleled recreational amenities and an eclectic mix of cultural, entertainment and educational attractions
- The salt-scented breezes and sun-kissed sands of 70 miles of scenic coastline where you can relax on the shoreline, frolic in the surf, bask in the sunshine and more
- Nearly 20 beautiful state parks and nature preserves
- The largest urban cultural park in the country, Balboa Park, which features 15 museums—a fact that's earned it the title of "the Smithsonian of the West"
- Over 90 museums that represent an impressive array of collections from classics to contemporary, fine arts to transportation and from science to natural history
- The opportunity to hike, climb and explore eight majestic mountains that offer a total of 236 summits and peaks—perfect for outdoor enthusiasts and avid mountaineers
- A stunning selection of recreational options, including surfing, boating, sailing, swimming, hiking, rock climbing, camping, fishing and more
- The Carlsbad Village Street Faire, the largest one-day street fair in California
- 6,400 dining establishments—many of them award-winning—that range from quaint eateries and sidewalk cafes to world-class restaurants and 5-star culinary venues
- A variety of annual events, special celebrations, multi-cultural festivals and more, including the Julian Apple Days Festival, the annual Dia de los Muertos, the Indian Diwali Festival, Bates Nut Farm Pumpkin Festival, the La Jolla Art & Wine Festival, Little Italy FESTA, the annual San Diego Asian Film Festival and more
- Internationally-recognized art galleries and numerous cultural centers
- Unparalleled theater experiences: San Diego has brought more shows to Broadway than any other city in the nation and features two Tony® Award-winning theaters: the Old Globe Theater and the La Jolla Playhouse, San Diego
- 92 golf courses that cater to people with all levels of experience
- A charming and eclectic collection of neighborhoods and communities
With all that San Diego has to offer—an enviable climate, year-round recreational opportunities, scenic surroundings, amazing cultural attractions and more—it's no wonder we're considered one of the country's best places to live, work and play.